The one day course is for anyone who is required to operate gantry, and jib cranes either either pendent control or a remote control.
This course aims to provide a working knowledge of pendant, crane operations including instruction on safe methods of crane & hoist. This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety Executive.
This will provide practical experience for personnel involved with the movement of heavy goods.
• Lifting Weight/Off Central Loads
• Safe Storage
• Responsibilities and legal requirements
• Examination of lifting gear
• Calculation of breaking strain and safe working loads of ropes of any circumference and chains of any diameter
• Daily Safety Checks
• Weight Estimation
• Safe methods of lifting
• Effects of angles in relation to the slinging of materials
• Course review and evaluation