CAR 2012 Regulation 4 (3) states; ‘In order to manage the risk from asbestos in non-domestic premises, the dutyholder must ensure that a suitable and sufficient assessment is carried out as to whether asbestos is or is liable to be present in the premises.’
UK Safety trainers are qualified to P402 and P405 standard by the British Occupational Hygiene Society. This half day course will enable delegates to identify asbestos containing materials (ACMs) and manage the risks within their area of work.
The course will cover:
- What is Asbestos & Health Hazards (From ‘Natures wonder fibre to a Hidden Killer’; Types of asbestos, asbestos related deaths, asbestos related diseases, risk perception – past, present & future.)
- Asbestos in Buildings (Uses, types & Identification of asbestos containing materials in buildings and plants during routine maintenance work, typical locations of asbestos ontaining materials, risks in relation to types of asbestos containing materials.)
- Legislation (CAR 2012, Hazardous Waste Regulations, Risk assessments, control limits, approved codes of practice & guidances,)
- Management of asbestos in buildings (Regulation 4 – Duty to manage asbestos)
- Roles and responsibilities (client, employer & employee duties)
- Emergency Procedures – In the event of accidental damage & uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace or finding damaged asbestos.
There will be some interactive group discussions throughout the course, all participants will have a full certificate of attendance awarded.
This course can also be carried out on your premises for up to 12 delegates, please contact us for further details.
A PRACTICAL AND VERY INFORMATIVE COURSE